CodeMaid v0.4.9 BETA is now available on BitBucket for the adventurous.
What’s new in v0.4.9:
- Switched over to the new VSIX extension model that will allow for upgrades right in Visual Studio and get rid of the headache of a separate MSI installer.
- Note: The existing MSI installer will have to be manually uninstalled first. The new VSIX will not install otherwise.
- Note: Support for VS2005/VS2008 has been branched off and will no longer be a part of the main line of development. The code will remain intact in its own branch on BitBucket if there is any interest in maintaining support for the older versions.
- Rewrote configuration independent of Visual Studio’s options in order to stretch out the UI, eliminate using the registry, allow for resetting to defaults and in general have more flexibility going forwards. See screenshot example below.
- Replaced all remaining windows forms controls and wrapper hosts with pure WPF content.
- Added support for inserting explicit access modifiers on fields/constants.
- Updated command names to be more user-friendly for customizing toolbars.
- Changed the reorganization logic to not hold code on the clipboard to bypass conflicts with VM environment tools.
- Several other miscellaneous fixes, tweaks and improvements.
Thanks for trying it out and please post any issues you find on BitBucket. 🙂