CodeMaid v0.8.0 is now available on Visual Studio Gallery and GitHub. This release tackles the most popular feature request off the backlog – solution-specific settings. It’s also being released at the same time as the official launch of Visual Studio 2015… coincidence? 😉
- Card 108 – Solution-specific settings
- There are now user settings and solution-specific settings.
- Solution-specific settings override user settings only when specified.
- Solution-specific settings are an “opt-in” feature on a per solution basis. You create them within the Options dialog by clicking the “Switch to Solution-Specific Settings” button in the top banner.
- User settings are stored within your user profile
- e.g. C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\CodeMaid\CodeMaid.config
- Solution-specific settings are stored within your code base
- e.g. C:\src\codemaid\CodeMaid.config
- Be sure to add the solution-specific CodeMaid.config to your source control if you want to share settings with other team members.
- Your old settings should™ be silently, automatically imported as your user settings.
- “Configuration” dialog is now called “Options” for consistency with Visual Studio
- #116 – Separate options for blank line padding of single-line properties and multi-line properties. Single-line properties will no longer pad by default, while multi-line properties will continue to pad by default.
- Card 166 – Update settings persistence to work across VS updates
- Card 230 – Close about dialog on any key
- #56 – VS2015 was incorrectly adding explicit access modifiers to explicitly implemented members
- #87 – Re-insertion of removed using statements could cause duplicates
- #90 – URL in XML doc no longer gets formatted as a list item
- #94 – Reorganizing new method outside of regions could require two passes
- #98 – Remove blank lines after attributes is now more selective to avoid false matches in some string literals
- #106 – Comments adjacent to commented out code can still be formatted
We hope you’re continuing to enjoy CodeMaid, we’re enjoying making it. 🙂
You can stay connected through our menagerie of sites: