Thanks to everyone who participated in CodeMaid Survey 2.0. 🙂 The results are publicly available: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-CRB2DS3S/. If you still want to take the survey it’s not too late: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CT8VQS6
- Most users have moved over to VS2015. To support Roslyn we will have to make that the minimum required version in a future major release.
- C# is used by almost everybody (96%!)
- Cleaning and Comment Formatting are the primary features used, with Reorganizing and Digging trailing and all other smaller features being less popular.
- CodeMaid Options were generally considered fine the way they were. As usual they’re more headache for the developers than the users. 😉
- There was not a lot of interest in moving CodeMaid to new environments (e.g. Visual Studio Code or command line). The primary interest was adding more advanced features based on a migration to the Roslyn compiler.
- There were some feature requests that already exist! Next time we’ll include an optional contact field.
The best part was that people were very kind and supportive in the comments, which makes working on CodeMaid so rewarding. I am humbled and grateful for the kind sentiments. 🙂